Having regular air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Huntingburg season, have the specialists at Dearing's Service & Solutions conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to unlawfully releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for efficient airflow in the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We recommend checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Dearing's Service & Solutions today at 812-200-5844.