According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts need to be cleaned about three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the length of time you’ve had your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you see if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signs that you should keep in mind.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have weaker airflow than others?
2. Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you pay attention to the airflow?
3. Is there an obstruction in your cold air return vent?
4. When you look inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet fur?
5. Have pests or rodents created a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers pushing out dust?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s likely time to reach out to Dearing's Service & Solutions in Huntingburg about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are things you can do to protect your ducts and extend the time between professional cleanings.
Most importantly, schedule regular HVAC maintenance with the experts at Dearing's Service & Solutions. Annual evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Examining your system on a regular basis and replacing the air filter when required will also help keep your ducts open.
More ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dust in from places such as your attic.
• Check your air filters regularly and switch them out when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your rooms.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or damp condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your Huntingburg home is clean. Be sure to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning regularly. Call the experts at Dearing's Service & Solutions at 812-200-5844 or arrange an appointment online.