Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Huntingburg is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Dearing's Service & Solutions constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. mow the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. Be sure to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Dearing's Service & Solutions in Huntingburg at 812-200-5844 today.