During the cold Huntingburg months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Dearing's Service & Solutions will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Dearing's Service & Solutions right away if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Dearing's Service & Solutions can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Dearing's Service & Solutions at 812-200-5844 or arrange an appointment with us online.