As warmer weather begins, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Huntingburg? Particularly if your AC unit is recently purchased or was cooling well last season.
Here’s one way to contemplate it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never have to book any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Dearing's Service & Solutions technician can help find minor problems before they turn into major meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect within your unit can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can cause increased energy use—and a higher utility bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it run for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and in the long-term, because you won’t have to install new equipment as soon.
- It helps find minor issues before they turn into major, costly troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely inspect pieces and complete a series of AC performance verifications. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify issues before they lead to major issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure stress-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your system is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is set to deliver worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for yearly maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your unit is at risk for early failure and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A quality AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll examine the following spots and parts:
- Total unit order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Now with Dearing's Service & Solutions
This week is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Dearing's Service & Solutions pros a call at 812-200-5844 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your residence, be sure to check our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.