Summer weather in Huntingburg can be rough. But you don’t have to choose between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility bills. We’ve assembled some tips to make it easy.
The best thing you can do to stay comfy and ensure energy efficiency is by servicing your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® says keeping your system working dependably and efficiently, and Dearing's Service & Solutions is here to make that simple. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll perform the following tasks recommended by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to ensure safe operation of your system and the opportunity of a longer lifespan for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as need be. Dirty coils require your system to work longer to do its job.
- Check system controls to make sure of correct and safe operation.
- Check refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to be sure of correct system airflow.
Another key to keeping cool is routinely looking at your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter may raise energy bills and damage your equipment, which may lead to early failure. Our Dearing's Service & Solutions experts will check these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations to make your own schedule to swap them out.
Here are a handul of other tips to keep your home cool and energy-efficient:
- Inspect thermostat settings to ensure your air conditioner keeps you cool when you are home and saves energy while you are gone.
- If it is cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the night air cool your home for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to trap the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Use fans to your advantage. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a little higher than you routinely would without noticing any changes in your comfort level.
- Another style of fan people often forget about when they’re attempting to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Be sure to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to remove the heat and humidity from your home.
- Try not to leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven are adding heat into your home, but even everyday activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can up the heat in your home.
If you’d like additional ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Dearing's Service & Solutions at call at 812-200-5844 or request an appointment with us online.